Friday, December 5, 2008

Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee


You can't see my legs but my brother-in-law Phil and I are walking together on the Sea of Galilee... I know I know it's pretty wimpy ... the waves aren't very high.
Why can't we walk on water? Peter did. ... at least for a few steps. We can look down on that if we want but it isn't very wise. How many steps have you taken on the water? ... in a new adventure with Christ ... seizing an opportunity to witness at home - at work - with the community around you... seizing an opportunity to give for His glory and the growth of His kingdom. Peter said, "Lord tell me to come!! Jesus said, COME! Matthew 14:22-34 . I looked around while on the Sea of Galilee and I asked myself, "Why don't we trust Him?" He calmed the seas with a word. The disciples hauled in loads of fish at his command. He walked on water ... Peter walked on water - at least a few steps... He says COME! He says COME! OH THAT WE WOULD EACH CRY OUT, "LORD TELL ME TO COME!" ... LOOK FOR THAT PLACE HE ASKS US TO FOLLOW HIM!!

No comments: