Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nashville HERE WE COME!!


15 Open Arms Youth and 3 adult counselors are about to embark on a great adventure with Jesus. We are going to Nashville... We started toward this goal last September ... almost a year ago. At that time the youth of Open Arms and a few adults and I picked Nashville because it seemed like a cool place to go and there were people there that needed help... NOT REAL SPIRITUAL... Little did we know at that time that Nashville would face one of the worst natural disasters it has experienced in its modern history in the form of flooding just two months before our trip. The picture is supposed to be a number of flood victoms and people in some way touched by the flood at a benefit concert at one of Nashville's many outdoor stages. I love the picture of reaching people ... It's a metaphor to me of the needs of the people of Nashville and everywhere else for God. We are flooded with empty promises from this world that will never satisfy our unquenchable need for God ... For forgiveness ... for love ... for community ... for help in many forms. The God of ALL GRACE has provided for us a very wonderful MISSION TRIP to Nashville. We will go and serve the reaching needy people of Nashville. We will share Jesus with them. We will make disciples. Following are a few verses that I invite you to pray over me and the rest of the 17 people with me as we embark on this adventure with Jesus: 2 Cor. 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.; 1 John 4:10-12 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. [11] Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. [12] No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

No comments: